English level C2 (Proficiency) is the sixth CEFR English language level.
We provide the international CEFR description, followed by study targets and links to our free online English training.
At the end of English level C2, you can:
- understand virtually everything heard or read with ease.
- summarise information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation.
- express yourself spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in more complex situations.
(Adapted from the international CEFR framework. This is set out by the Council of Europe (2001) Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: learning, teaching, assessment.)
Study targets for English level C2
The study targets for English level C2 require you to have excellent control of all the previous targets.
You can also click on individual items in the other levels for free online English lessons, which include descriptions of each language point, examples and quizzes.
English communication (C2)
You can express yourself fluently and precisely in any topic.
This includes complex situations and the ability to communicate accurately in formal and informal settings.
English vocabulary (C2)
You have an excellent range of vocabulary, including idiomatic expressions and colloquial language.
You can use phrases and expressions accurately with natural and sophisticated control.
English grammar (C2)
You can use a full range of grammatical structures accurately and appropriately.
You can naturally use different linguistic forms to convey finer shades of meaning.
For more information about each English level and study targets, click and choose one from the arrow above or from the the six levels below:
You can also develop faster by taking English courses with qualified English teachers.
English for Work and English Exams
You may now want to focus on specific areas, such as:
- English for Work. This includes Business English, Legal English and more.
- English examinations. You can also prepare for one of the internationally-recognised English proficiency exams, and some of the most popular and the Cambridge exams and IELTS.
Our Teachers for these Courses
English and Chinese Mandarin Language Courses.
English, Arabic and Norwegian Lessons. Part time Worker.