is the fourth CEFR English language level.
We provide the international CEFR description, followed by study targets and links to our free online English training.
At the end of English level B2, you can:
- the on a variety of topics, including technical discussions in your field of specialisation.
- that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- on a and on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
(Adapted from the international CEFR framework. This is set out by the Council of Europe (2001) Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: learning, teaching, assessment.)
Here are our study targets for the key components of.
You can also click on different items for free online English lessons, which include descriptions of each language point, examples and quizzes.
nglish communication (B2)
- Describing experiences
- Expressing opinions
- Expressing agreement and disagreement
- Giving advice with advantages and disadvantages
- Making suggestions
- Expressing feelings and emotions
- Reporting events
- Speculating about events in past, present, future
- Adding emphasis
- Describing hopes and regrets
English vocabulary (B2)
- Work and education
- Crime and punishment
- Media and communication
- Global issues
- Multi-word verbs
- Reporting verbs
- Linking expressions
- Compound adjectives
- Adverbs for time, degree, manner
- Relative clauses
- Past perfect simple
- Past perfect continuous
- Present perfect continuous
- Modals of speculation
- Conditionals (second and third)
- Mixed conditionals
- Reported speech
- Future perfect simple
- Future perfect continuous
You can also develop faster by taking English courses with qualified English teachers.
English for Work and English Exams
You may now want to focus on specific areas, such as:
- English for Work. This includes Business English, Legal English and more.
- English examinations. You can also prepare for one of the internationally-recognised English proficiency exams, and some of the most popular and the Cambridge exams and IELTS.
Our Teachers for these Courses
English and Chinese Mandarin Language Courses.
English, Arabic and Norwegian Lessons. Part time Worker.