We provide the international CEFR description, followed by study targets and links to our free online English training.is the third CEFR English language level.
At the end of English level B1, you can:
- the on regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- likely to arise in an English-speaking area.
- simple on topics, which are familiar, or of personal interest.
- and events, dreams, and briefly for .
(Adapted from the international CEFR framework. This is set out by the Council of Europe (2001) Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: learning, teaching, assessment.)
Here are our study targets for the key components of.
You can also click on different items for free online English lessons, which include descriptions of each language point, examples and quizzes.
English communication (B1)
- Describing experiences and events
- Expressing hopes and ambitions
- Describing feelings
- Giving reasons
- Giving opinions
- Expressing preferences
- Stating obligations
- Expressing certainty
- Describing events in the past
- Describing events in the future
English vocabulary (B1)
- Feelings and emotions
- Travel and transport
- Leisure activities
- Sport, health and fitness
- News and media
- Time expressions for the past
- Time expressions for the future
- Adverbs for time, degree, manner
- Past habits and states (used to)
- Present perfect simple
- Modals: should have, might have etc
- Present continuous(future)
- Future simple: will
- Future: going to
- Present perfect continuous
- Past continuous
- Past perfect simple
- Conditionals (first and second)
- Future continuous
You can also develop faster by taking English courses with qualified English teachers.
English for Work and English Exams
You may now want to focus on specific areas, such as:
- English for Work. This includes Business English, Legal English and more.
- English examinations. You can also prepare for one of the internationally-recognised English proficiency exams, and some of the most popular and the Cambridge exams and IELTS.
Our Teachers for these Courses
English and Chinese Mandarin Language Courses.
English, Arabic and Norwegian Lessons. Part time Worker.